Tuesday, August 23, 2011

True Happiness


Well, this is my first blog post ever so we'll see how it goes. I have been trying to think of a name for this blog for weeks now and last night as I was praying it came to me. Service with a smile. That's what my mission is all about. I'm here to serve and share the gospel and anyone who knows me would probably tell you that they have rarely seen me without a smile on my face. And I feel the same about Hermana Courtney Anderson and Elder Trevor Nuckles (pictured to the right), they are almost always happy and excited to be wherever they are. And I could say the same thing about most of the missionaries that I know. In fact, I was with a group of missionaries today and looking around the room I realized that we are a pretty happy bunch. So why is that? How can people who get doors slammed in their faces on a fairly regular basis be some of the happiest, most optimistic people I know? It has to do with what we do every day. Every day we talk to people about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We share what we know to be true "through prayer, study, experience, and keeping God's commandments" (Preach My Gospel, pg. 176). But the thing that really puts those smiles on our faces and keeps them there is Jesus Christ. He is at the center of everything we believe and everything that we teach. As we follow His teachings and strive to live the way He did, we will have true happiness. Not a happiness that fades after a few hours, but eternal happiness. How awesome is that?! That is why I am out here sharing this message with everyone that I meet. Because it makes me happy and it makes me even happier to watch others change as they realize the peace and happiness it brings into their lives. It comes as we do the small things. Scripture study. Prayer. Going to church. Constantly trying to follow the Savior's example. As you do these things regularly I promise that you will feel our Savior's love and you will be happier.

Source


3 comments:

  1. Optimism, probably my favorite word ever! It really can make a bad day better. The best part really is Jesus Christ though. He makes every day bright, even when it's dark outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sister Tucker!! Its a great name. And its a great first posting. Can't wait to see what is to come in your bloggin world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just so's you know, you always have a big smile on your face! And its so true, no matter what talking to people about the gospel always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete